Hunting for striking trees is an essential part of Tansy's process.
Some of the resources she uses include:
- The Ancient Tree Inventory
- National Library of Scotland online maps - their Georeferenced maps are really useful
- Bing maps - useful for the Ordnance Survey Map overlay
- Ordnance survey maps - great for looking for shapes and patterns hinting at old woodland or abandoned roads as well as finding clues in place names
- Gathering local knowledge from people who visit her shows or open studios days and from friends and followers on her Facebook page
Read more on her blog at How I find my drawing locations