Sorry you’re having problems!
The password protected pages for Permission to Draw students ensure that the video replays can only be viewed by the people in that group – this is to protect students’ privacy. They also mean that I can offer you the ‘Extras’ pages for the course.
Sometimes web browsers (eg. Chrome, Safari, Firefox) have problems with password protected pages, which might mean that your password doesn’t seem to work. Web browsers try to be helpful by remembering (caching) pages you’ve loaded before, but they can get confused by password protected pages. If you have double checked you have the right password (found on your email at the start of the Block) and you still can’t access the page, it’s likely to be a browser problem.
Here are some things you can do:
1. Clear your cache – removing stored versions of pages you’ve viewed in the past. Here are some links to show you how on your device:
- Clearing the cache on web browsers
- Clearing the cache on iPad and iPhone
- Clearing the cache on Android phones and tablets
Take care NOT to clear any saved passwords if you use these.
2. Type the password – type it in rather than copying and pasting
3. Use a private or incognito window in your browser – this will bypass the caching problem.
If after these steps you are still having problems, please email me, telling me what device and browser you were using and I’ll do my best to help.
Now, let’s get back to drawing!